Runiter Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

implicit functions & animation

Go down

implicit functions & animation Empty implicit functions & animation

Post  Michel S Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Is someone at Runiter thinking about a way to (1) make graphs of implicit functions in Graphing Calculator and (2) use one or more slider values to make animations of graphs? I would be more than happy to buy if these resources were available.

Michel S

Back to top Go down

implicit functions & animation Empty Re: implicit functions & animation

Post  runiter Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes Michel, we are planning to add support for both implicit functions and slider & timer based animations.
We're hoping to have them available within the next two releases (v3.1) Smile
runiter
runiter
Admin

http://www.runiter.com

Back to top Go down

implicit functions & animation Empty implicit functions and animation

Post  Michel S Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime, why not think about graphing 2D and 3D inequalities?

Michel S

Back to top Go down

Post  runiter Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:30 am

Thank you. The inequalities is something else that we've been considering. Although personally I don't see the needs since all it is, is highlighting under or above the curve. I did however receive several requests for it so it's something that hopefully I will add soon. Meanwhile feel free to post your justifications for why inequalities is important (i will give its implementation a higher priority if I'm convinced that this is a crucial feature for many).
runiter
runiter
Admin

Back to top Go down

implicit functions & animation Empty implicit functions and animation

Post  Michel S Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi there. Can you please explain "highlighting under or above the curve" (and how it is done)? Even if this means what I think it does, I think it would work only for inequalities of the 'y<f(x)" type; what I have in mind are things like "f(x,y)<0" in the plane, and likewise in 3d. I also think about inequalities in polar coordinates. Anyway, aesthetics alone should be enough to justify including graphical representation of inequalities (just and opinion).

Michel S

Back to top Go down

Post  runiter Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:03 am

Similarly for f(x,y)<0 I can imagine that every polygon will be stretched down to the extreme lower part of the graph. In polar coordinates inequalities aren't that simple and hence it may be a necessary feature. Overall you may be right, it makes a aesthetics visual feature and I will consider adding it in the next version (v3.1).
runiter
runiter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum